Consumers looking for the Best AWD SUVs with 3rd Row, take heart. You don’t have to sacrifice handling for passenger-accommodation capability or vice-versa. While it is true that compact SUVs with all-wheel drive (AWD) may be a bit more maneuverable, you won’t find a third row – except in the case of the. Practically speaking, then, you’re pretty much limited to midsize and full-size SUVs with AWD and available third row.
Which should you choose? Consider your needs as well as your wallet and personal preference. Make sure your selection is roomy and comfortable, stylish, delivers great performance and good fuel economy, has the latest safety and technology features, and fits you well.
Here are three top contenders for Best AWD SUVs with 3rd Row:
- Volvo XC90 – With standard third-row seat and available AWD, the 2010 Volvo XC90 luxury 7-passenger midsize crossover SUV also offers improved ride and handling, standard rear parking assist, and a reshuffling of some options and features. Other plusses include perfect federal safety crash test scores, stylish and upscale interior, plush seats, and the prestige of the Volvo brand. CarGurus comments: “Well-to-do families pair naturally with the XC90, as it offers the perfect blend of safety standards, exquisite ride and handling, luxury features and class. It is also darned comfortable, making it great for long road trips. Many European motoring journalists consider the XC90 the best 4×4 by far.”
- Lincoln MKT – Consumers have a brand-new luxury midsize crossover SUV to consider with the 7-passenger 2010 featuring three rows of seats as standard, plus AWD that’s optional on naturally aspirated base engine and standard on the EcoBoost model that gets an awesome 355 hp from the twin-turbocharged 3.7-liter V6 EcoBoost engine – and still delivers an EPA-estimated 16 mpg city/22 mpg highway fuel economy. Based on the , but surprisingly unique, the Lincoln MKT is designed to compete with the and . Car and Driver opines: “We don’t need track numbers and hundreds of miles to know that this is one of the most surprisingly competent Lincolns we’ve sampled in a long time.”
- Buick Enclave – The 2010 large crossover SUV, which shares a platform with stable mates, the and , boasts a luxurious and quiet interior, standard 7-passenger seating in three rows, available AWD, smooth ride and it is fun-to-drive. Now in its third year of production (debuting in 2008), Enclave is competing well in the growing luxury crossover SUV category that includes entries from Acura, BMW and Volvo. Kelley Blue Book has this to say of the 2010 Buick Enclave: “With eye-catching exterior styling, a highly usable interior and a remarkably quiet cabin, the Buick Enclave has what it takes to be a viable competitor in this hot segment.”
Check out any and all of these Best AWD SUVs with 3rd Row today.
In addition to these SUVs, see other SUVs and cars with third row seating
- Top 3 Best Used SUVs with Third Row Seating
- Luxury SUVs with Third Row Seating
- Cheap SUVs with Third Row Seating
- Compact / Small SUVs with Third Row Seating
- Top 3 Best Station Wagons with Third Row Seating
- Safest SUVs with Third Row
- Crossover SUVs with Third Row Seating
- Best 3rd Row SUVs with Most Cargo Room
- Best Hybrid SUVs with 3rd Row
- Best Luxury Midsize SUVs with 3rd Row
- Top 5 MPG SUVs with 3rd Row Seats
- Best 7 Passenger SUVs
- Best 8 Seat SUVs
- Best Diesel SUVs with 3rd Row Seats
- Best AWD SUVs with 3rd Row Seats