10 Best Family Cars for 2012Sunday, March 4th, 2012
Families have to get around, right, so the latest round-up of 10 Best Family Cars for 2012 from Kelley Blue Book should be a must-read for moms and dads looking for the best all-around cars for family duty.
- 2012 – This compact crossover is a perennial best-seller, and for good reason. Completely redesigned for 2012, the Honda CR-V is more fuel-efficient than before, offers Real-time all-wheel drive and is one of the few crossovers with an available rear-seat entertainment system.
- 2012 – Boxy it may be, but that’s sure to distinguish the from the other mom- and dad-mobiles in the neighborhood. Three rows of seating, EcoBoost V-6 engine and all-wheel drive are strong selling points for active families.
- 2012 – for a tall wagon or crossover with perfect on-road and decent off-road capabilities, families can’t go wrong with the . For starters, the Outback is standard with Subaru’s Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, 8.7-inches of ground clearance and an integrated roof rack.
- 2012 V – Need seating for five and want a green vehicle choice for the family? Maybe the original Prius wasn’t big enough, but the new variant, the V, certainly may be. Combined 42 mpg fuel economy is a huge plus for this green family machine.
- 2012 – Designed for American tastes and built right here in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the is larger than its predecessor and costs less. Families will also appreciate that and other attributes of this high-value sedan.
- 2012 – Calling it a “screaming deal” for families looking for a sedan, editors of Kelley Blue Book also call out the eco-minded V-6 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission in the sedan, especially its under-$30,000 starting price.
- 2012 – True, the is a bit smaller than the typical family car, but as an economical and capable five-passenger vehicle, plus 39 mpg highway fuel economy, the Civic is definitely good-to-go for family duty.
- 2012 1500 – Need room for up to nine, the ability to haul plenty of gear and tow a boat or trailer up to 9,600 pounds? You’re in luck with the 1500 full-size SUV – and terrific people-hauler.
- 2012 – Three rows, seating for up to seven, 32 mpg highway fuel economy and a starting price under $24,000? That’s just the beginning of what the offers families. Also check out the panoramic sunroof and voice-controlled infotainment system.
- 2012 – What would a 10 Best Family Cars for 2012 list be without a minivan on it? The makes this year’s top 10 list, principally for its seven-passenger capability, must-have sliding rear doors, flexible and roomy interior, and a host of other features that are both practical and desirable. A strong V-6 engine and competent road manners are other selling points.
Related Car Lists
- 2 Door V12 Cars 2010
- 2 Door Cars 2010
- 2 Door V6 Cars 2010
- 2 Door V8 Cars 2010
- 2 Door Diesel Cars 2010