Overview (Overall Grade after 8 Categories: C)
For 2014 Lincoln has added a new base engine to the MKZ line-up, a 2.0 liter Eco-Boost 4-cylinder rated at 240 horsepower/270 lb. feet of torque. Carrying over is the 3.7 liter gas V6 engine rated at 300 horsepower/277 lb. feet of torque and the gas/electric 4-cylinder from the hybrid which puts out a total system horsepower of 188 horsepower/140 lb. feet of torque. During our week long test of the MKZ we were driving a hybrid model so the following comments regarding performance apply to this model only.
What We Loved about the 2014 Lincoln MKZ
- The exterior styling!
- The panoramic sunroof makes the cabin feel airy and light
- The fuel efficient hybrid powertrain
What We Didn’t Love about the 2014 Lincoln MKZ
- The lack of direct and accurate steering feel
- At higher speeds the suspension makes the car feel jittery and nervous
- The hybrid isn’t exactly luxury car fast
To read the full review, visit 2014 Lincoln MKZ review