Overview (Final Score: B)
The 2016has been totally redesigned from its first-generation predecessor. Based on the popular crossover, the Lincoln MKX adds luxury and Lincoln style to the package. A new exterior, a larger footprint and a roomier interior are highlights for the new model, while the focus on sportiness and luxury is enhanced.
The 2016 MKX is a 5-passenger crossover competing in the small-midsize luxury market. It’s offered in four trim levels, starting with the Premier and working up to the Black Label that we test drove. Several options packages are also offered to upgrade specific points in the MKX. Highlights are the large amount of base package features that the MKX comes with and the smart near-personalization package upgrades can bring.
What We Loved About the 2016 Lincoln MKX
- Excellent price points for the offered trims and options.
- Wonderful drive, even if (on paper) it isn’t all that sporty.
- Great Cargo Utility package upgrade for more usability.
What We Didn’t Love About the 2016 Lincoln MKX
- Dated and lackluster infotainment with MyLincoln Touch.
- Some interior buttons seem a little low-rent.
- Top-most trim and options become very spendy.
If you might be interested in the 2016 MKX, you can learn more in the full review here.