While there are only a handful of best 2 seater cars 2011 that make the grade, they’re appealing performers that don’t cost the equivalent of a house. Sure, you can go for the exotics, but those are best left for dreaming, not reality. With that in mind, here are our picks for the best 2 seater cars 2011. See if you agree.
- Chevrolet Corvette – As American as it gets – and the only domestic 2 seater on the list, the 2011 is a
legendary performance icon that is actually a bargain when it comes to fast fun. How fast? Even the base (that’s an oxymoron, when it comes to Corvette) model is equipped with a 430-horsepower 6.2-liter V-8 engine that rockets from zero to 60 mph in a shade over four seconds. But opt for the pricier Z06 or top-of-the-line ZR1 and you’re treated to 505 horsepower in a 7.0-liter V-8 and blistering 638-horsepower in 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 that achieve 60 mph from a standstill in 3.9 and 3.8 seconds, respectively. Available in coupe, convertible, Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 models, the 2011 Chevrolet Corvette carries a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) ranging from $48,950 to $109,800. Consumer Guide observes: “The Best Buy Corvette is fast fun. These are reasonably practical sports cars that cost thousands less than rivals with similar performance, making them great choices.”
- BMW Z4 – BMW amps up the 2-seat Z4 sports car for 2011 with the introduction of an M Sports package and new
sports-tuned trim, the sDrive35is. Consumer Guide says, “Z4 is a reasonably practical daily driver convertible, and a capable two-seat sports car for enthusiasts. Sweet 6-cylinder engines, a classy interior, and a rewarding driving experience are among the Z4’s compelling traits. These cars are pricey, so careful navigation of the options list will deliver the best value.” Starting MSRP for the 2011 is $46,500 up to $61,550.
- Mazda MX-5 Miata – A more affordable two-seater is probably
impossible to come by, and the 2011 Edmunds comments: “The 2011 Mazda Miata maintains its position as one of the all-time great roadsters, mixing refinement and excitement in an affordable, compact package.”is also a pure delight to drive. With a starting MSRP of $23,110, the MX-5 Miata offers a quality fit and finish, available retractable hardtop, superb handling, and impressive history of reliability.
- Mercedes-Benz SLK – The Mercedes-Benz SLK Roadster, available in SLK300 and SLK350 models, carries a starting MSRP of $47,650 and $53,300, respectively. Two V-6 engines power SLK from zero to 60 mph in 6.1 and 5.4 seconds, the 228-horsepower 3.0-liter V-6 in SLK300 and 300-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 in SLK350. The retractable top transforms the hardtop into a roadster in just 22 seconds. And luxury is what SLK is all about besides performance and handling. Car and Driver comments: “It’s a little tight inside, but the SLK is a feisty and fun-to-drive roadster, albeit slightly less connected to the road than a .”
- Porsche Boxster – For a pure luxury sports car, one of our best 2 seater cars 2011, you have to consider the Porsche Boxster. In any trim, up to the awesome Spyder variant, Boxster has the goods: luxury, power and outstanding performance in a sexy package that has floored journalists for years. Starting MSRP of $47,600 to $61,200 may put you off a bit, but you get what you pay for. Kelley Blue Book says: “You would be hard-pressed to find a more satisfying open sportscar experience anywhere.”
One other best 2 seater cars 2011 to put on your list of possibilities is the Lotus Elise.