Buyers in the market for the best full-size SUVs 2011 have many different requirements. Some want a tough SUV that can go off-road and still be able to tow a good-sized boat or trailer behind, while others simply need more passenger and cargo capacity. The solution in both cases is generally a full-size SUV. Here we take a look at the best full-size SUVs 2011, with an eye toward overall capability, safety, style, available features, fuel economy and affordability.
A huge plus is that three of these SUVs (Enclave, Acadia and Traverse) are Top Safety Picks from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Buick Enclave large SUV that seats up to eight passengers in total comfort and style. Edmunds.com highlights the 2011 Buick Enclave as one of the top recommended SUVs in the under $45,000 category and notes: “With a more comfortable and versatile interior than the big truck-based SUVs, the Enclave also benefits from better fuel economy and a more refined driving experience.”
– With more than just a touch of luxury at less-than-luxury prices, you can’t do better than the 2011
Not so, according to reviewers, including Kelley Blue Book, who praise the 2011 GMC Acadia’s successful combination of the appearance and capabilities of an SUV with practicality and efficiency as an extra measure. Highlights include seating for up to eight in three rows, good fuel economy, and ample room for luggage or cargo. Don’t need to go off-road? Kelley Blue Book says, “Considering that most SUVs don’t leave paved roads, GMC expects the Acadia’s street-focused ride, handling and available all-wheel drive to make up for its lack of off-road capability.”
– When GMC chose to go with the Acadia, its first-ever crossover SUV, it could have been a bit of a gamble.
platform, offers buyers a great deal of flexibility in terms of people and cargo-carrying flexibility and capacity, good fuel economy, comfortable interior, strong safety scores, and lots of style. Kelley Blue Book opines, “If you’re looking for a big family vehicle with excellent safety ratings, the ability to tow 5,400 pounds and reasonably good fuel economy for its size, the 2011 Chevrolet Traverse may be the best game in town.”
– Like the Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia, the 2011 Chevrolet Traverse, which shares the same
- 2011 Edmunds.com says, “With class-leading refinement, versatility and user-friendly features, the 2011 Toyota Sequoia is one of the top picks among full-size SUVs.” Sure, gas mileage isn’t quite what the more crossover-like SUVs deliver and parking is kind of like parking a cargo ship, but when you need to carry a lot of passengers and/or cargo, or tow something behind, the 2011 Toyota Sequoia delivers in style. – With its ability to tow up to 7,400 pounds and carry up to eight passengers, the 2011 Toyota Sequoia full-size SUV makes an excellent vehicle for work, family or play.
- 2011 Car and Driver says the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe (and ) “are full-size utility wagons with a solid range of capabilities, powered by an array of excellent and powerful V8s. Towing capacity is impressive, especially with the 6.2-liter V8.” – With one of the best fuel economy ratings for a large SUV, the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe can tow up to 8,500 pounds in two-wheel drive (8,200 pounds with four-wheel drive) and provides seating for up to nine passengers.