The list of best selling luxury cars for October 2011 includes one Korean, two Japanese, two domestic, and three German automakers. In the top five, two each of the best selling luxury cars are from Mercedes-Benz and BMW, with Lexus coming in at number five. As has been the case for most of the previous monthly top 10 sales leaders, while some of the positions may change, the one that claims the top spot doesn’t.
1. BMW 3-Series – The best selling luxury cars October 2011 has one undisputed leader, and that spot belongs to the BMW 3-Series. With sales of 7,748 for the month of October, however, the BMW 3-Series only leads second-placeby 664 units. Still, for the calendar year through October 31, 2011, the BMW 3-Series is way out front, posting a total of 78,314 sales. That is off 4.4 percent from year ago levels.
2. Mercedes-Benz C-Class – With its all-new 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the German automaker is making great strides in the sales arena, selling 7,084 units in October. Also noteworthy, the C-Class calendar year-to-date sales of 59,212 are up 6.6 percent year-over-year.
3. BMW 5-Series – Catapulting five spots from last month’s seventh place position, the BMW 5-Series luxury sedan posted sales of 5,044 during the month. Meanwhile, calendar year-to-date sales totaling 43,040 are up 46.4 percent over year-ago levels.
4.– Two spots behind its smaller brother, the C-Class, is the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, coming in at a solid number four spot of best selling luxury cars October 2011. Sales during the month totaled 4,516 units, while calendar year sales through October totaled 52,340, up 4.1 percent compared with the same period last year.
5. Lexus ES – Another luxury model changing spots in the top 10 sales leaders this month is the Lexus ES, moving from eight place up to the number five spot. Lexus reported sales of 4,300 ES models during the month. For the calendar year through October, the Lexus ES sold 31,260, off 20.1 percent year-over-year.
6.– In the top 10 best selling luxury cars October 2011, the Buick LaCrosse sold a total of 4,048 units during the month. Calendar year-to-date sales of 49,106 are down 5.5 percent compared with the same period last year.
7.– Slipping to seventh place from last month’s number five spot, the Cadillac CTS (coupe, sedan, wagon and CTS-V variants) sold a total of 3,918 units during the month of October. Calendar year-to-date sales totaling 45,818 are up 24.6 percent year-over-year.
8. Infiniti G – With the Infiniti G, the sedan is the better selling model than the coupe, posting sales of 2,986 versus 838 for the month of October. Combined, the two total 3,824. But that’s a far cry from last month’s 5,029 and is the reason Infiniti G slips to spot number eight this month. Year-to-date sales of the two models total 47,207 with the sedan up 4.6 percent over year-ago levels and the coupe down 9.8 percent.
9.– A newcomer to the top 10 luxury car sales list this month, the Audi A4 posted 2,613 sales in October. For the calendar year through October, the A4 has sold 29,011 units, up 2.2 percent compared with the same time last year.
10.– Once again rounding out the top 10, the Hyundai Genesis takes tenth place among best selling luxury cars October 2011. For the month, the Genesis recorded 2,602 sales. For the calendar year through October, the Genesis has sold a total of 27,826 units.