An Esurance auto insurance review has to begin with the people of the company and its history. One of the first dot-com auto insurance sites that survived the technology bust, Esurance has grown to comprise 1,700 employees in 14 offices providing direct-to-consumer personal car insurance in 30 states. Today, Esurance, which was purchased by Allstate Insurance in May 2011, is one of the top names in car insurance.
The Esurance approach is an innovative one, allowing its customers the best of both worlds: technology when they need it and people when they want them. In fact, that’s the gist of one of their marketing slogans. Affordable rates, great discounts and helpful product features such as online repair monitoring and virtual coverage counselors are just part of what Esurance offers its customers.
The company has an “Excellent” financial-strength rating by A.M. Best. The company prides itself on its 24/7 customer service and representatives are always available by calling 1-800-ESURANCE. Ninety-six percent of claims customers surveyed said they were satisfied with their overall claim experience.
Esurance is a One-Stop Shop for Consumers Researching and Buying Auto Insurance Online
The Esurance auto insurance review wouldn’t be complete without looking at what the award-winning site promises and delivers:
- Quote, buy and print – Get a quote, buy the policy, and print insurance cards all online. Esurance shortens the auto insurance buying process by verifying in real-time driving records, claims histories and consumer report information.
- Compare rates – Finding a great deal and knowing it’s so involves the ability to compare rates from other companies online – and Esurance provides this invaluable tool. The site will even help customers determine which policy is priced right for them, even if it’s from another auto insurance company.
- Manage policies and report claims – Customers can access insurance documents, print ID cards, update their policies and report minor claims online.
- Access other Esurance products – Esurance has partnerships with other companies to provide consumers with a range of products, including health, renter’s and life insurance, and motorcycle, ATV and boat insurance.
- 24/7 customer service and claims handling – No matter what time of day or what day of the year it is, customers have the added assurance that they can always reach customer service and talk with someone about claims.
Esurance Learning Center
Esurance wants consumers to feel empowered, and to help in this regard, they’ve designed a comprehensive learning center. There are insurance FAQs, and auto insurance glossary, Coverage Counselor (an interactive tool to help consumers find the coverage levels to fit their needs), and Esurance tips and insights (including state-by-state insights to help consumers learn about mandatory and optional coverages as well as discounts in their state).
Esurance offers a number of discounts that can help consumers save money. While the availability of car insurance discounts vary by state, the following are a few of the most popular discounts Esurance offers:
- Fast 5 discount – Customers can save 5 percent on car insurance policy just by starting their quote online.
- Good Driver discount – Drivers without “many” at-fault accidents or moving violations may qualify for the Good Driver discount.
- Paid in Full discount – Pay all of your premium at once and you get a discount up to 10 percent.
- Claim-Free discount – No claims of certain types within the past five years? You could save up to 20 percent.
- Multi-Car discount – Save even more if you insure more than one vehicle with Esurance.
- Homeowner discount – Esurance says you’ll qualify for the Homeowner discount if you own a home or condo.
- Vehicle safety discounts – Do you have certain safety features on your vehicle, such as a safety device, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes? Esurance offers discounts for these additional safety features.