If you need car insurance and live in the Sunshine State, you may be interested in how to find the best auto insurance agents in Florida. Of course, it helps to read reviews from sites such as Yelp, and you’ll want to look up agency ratings. Here we look at some ways to find the best auto insurance agents in Florida.
What to Look For in A Good Agency
Before going into how to find the best auto insurance agents in Florida, it’s first necessary to discuss what you should look for in a good agency.
- Be sure the agency represents multiple insurance carriers so that you can be assured your agent there is shopping the best deal possible for you.
- Make sure the multiple insurance carriers the agency represents are highly rated by A.M. Best. You want to ensure that the agency represents only the best and highest-rated auto insurance companies.
- Look for auto insurance agencies that have been around a long time since duration in the business is a good sign that they’re doing right by their customers.
- Check state-specific sites, such as the Florida Department of Financial Services, to ensure the agency or agent you’re considering is licensed with the state where you need to get auto insurance.
Examples of Good Agencies and Agents
According to reviews by consumers on Yelp of auto insurance agencies and agents in Florida, here are some of those highly recommended.
- Luis Necuze, Agent, Allstate, Miami – Highly-rated agent, Luis Necuze, has been licensed to provide insurance in the state of Florida since 1988. He has recently served as an agent advisor on Allstate’s National Advisory Board. Check out his credentials at his website.
- Luten Insurance, Jacksonville – A family-owned business, Luten Insurance is an independent agent with long-term, established relationships with top-rated national and regional auto insurance carriers. These include Chubb, The Hartford, Hanover, GMAC Insurance, Safeco Insurance, Travelers, Mercury and more. The agency provides insurance services across Florida, including Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Orange Park, Fleming Island, Ponte Vedra Beach, Atlantic Beach, Green Cove Springs, Neptune Beach, St. Augustine and Marietta. Highly rated on Yelp, Luten Insurance is licensed to provide insurance in the state of Florida.
Highly-Rated National Auto Insurance Companies
Since finding a highly-rated independent auto insurance agent may be difficult, you can also go direct to the national carriers licensed to provide insurance to consumers in the state of Florida.
Definitely go for the highest-rated insurance companies as rated by A.M. Best.
Note that A.M. Best rates the following insurance companies highly (A.M. Best rating in parentheses): Allstate (A+), Chubb (A++), First Colonial Insurance Company, a member of the Allstate Group (A-), The Hartford (A), Progressive (A+), Mercury Insurance (A+), Old Dominion Insurance Company, part of Main Street America Group (A), Safeco (A), State Farm (A++), and Travelers (A+).
If you need more ways on how to find the best auto insurance agents in Florida, strongly consider the old stand-by: Ask your family, friends and neighbors who they use, if they’re happy with the service provided by the auto insurance agent, the pricing, quickness of settling claims and all-around customer service. The highest rated auto insurance agents go by word-of-mouth in many cases. If he or she does right by most of their clients, it’s likely they’ll do right by you as well.
In any case, you still need to do your homework. But when it comes to having the peace of mind that knowing you’ve got the best auto insurance agent for your needs in Florida, that’s not too much to ask.