If you need car insurance and live in the Lone Star State, you may be interested in how to find the best auto insurance agents in Texas. Of course, it helps to read reviews from sites such as Yelp, and you’ll want to look up agency ratings. Here we look at some ways to find the best auto insurance agents in Texas.
What to Look For in A Good Agency
Before going into how to find the best auto insurance agents in Texas, it’s first necessary to discuss what you should look for in a good agency.
- Be sure the agency represents multiple insurance carriers so that you can be assured your agent there is shopping the best deal possible for you.
- Make sure the multiple insurance carriers the agency represents are highly rated by A.M. Best. You want to ensure that the agency represents only the best and highest-rated auto insurance companies.
- Look for auto insurance agencies that have been around a long time since duration in the business is a good sign that they’re doing right by their customers.
- Check state-specific sites, such as the Texas Department of Insurance, to ensure the agency or agent you’re considering is licensed with the state where you need to get auto insurance.
Examples of Good Agencies and Agents
According to reviews by consumers on Yelp of auto insurance agencies and agents in Texas, here are some of those recommended.
- State Farm, Dallas – Steve Nance, agent, five-star rating, located in the Energy Square Building at University and Greenville Avenue — Consumer wrote that Mr. Nance and his staff made sure I had the coverage I needed and were available when I had questions. The prices were competitive too. State Farm seems to offer more thorough coverage than a lot of other companies, and if you stick with them for a few years, the prices are actually LOWER than most other insurance companies.”
- State Farm, Richardson – Duff Bourassa, agent, five-star rating — Consumer hailed the agent’s professionalism, availability, and the fact that he “never rushes and goes the extra effort to make sure you understand your policy.”
- Harrison Insurance Agency, Dallas – Chuck Harrison, agent, five-star rating – Consumer says agency sells Chubb, Progressive, and Safeco, highly-rated insurance companies. Chuck Harrison “knows his business and product lines, and is constantly looking to save me money.”
- Ron Urias Insurance Agency, Austin – Ron Urias, agent – Highly rated by consumers, Ron Urias Insurance Agency is a multi-line insurance agency providing coverage for clients throughout Austin.
- Stillwell Insurance, Austin – Matt Stillwell, agent – Highly-rated independent agent, Stillwell Insurance represents multiple insurance companies, including Travelers, The Hartford, Progressive, Fidelity, and Mercury, among others.
- Watkins Insurance Group, Austin – Patrick Watkins, owner/agent – Agency was formed in 1949 and provides auto insurance through multiple carriers, including Allstate, Travelers, Safeco, Progressive, Chubb and The Hartford, among others.
Note that A.M. Best rates the following insurance companies highly (A.M. Best rating in parentheses): Allstate (A+), Chubb (A++), The Hartford (A), Progressive (A+), Safeco (A), State Farm (A++), and Travelers (A+).
If you need more ways on how to find the best auto insurance agents in Texas, strongly consider the old stand-by: Ask your family, friends and neighbors who they use, if they’re happy with the service provided by the auto insurance agent, the pricing, quickness of settling claims and all-around customer service. The highest rated auto insurance agents go by word-of-mouth in many cases. If he or she does right by most of their clients, it’s likely they’ll do right by you as well.
In any case, you still need to do your homework. But when it comes to having the peace of mind that knowing you’ve got the best auto insurance agent for your needs, that’s not too much to ask.