Overview (Final Score: A)
The 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 is a solid seller in the full-sized truck segment and with good reason. Trim levels, comfort, and value-oriented pricing are key to the truck’s success and few will be disappointed by the goods offered for the price paid here. The mid- and upper-trims for the Sierra are especially compelling in this regard.
In everyday use, there are a lot of high points for the 2015 Sierra. Towing is smart and well-managed, especially with the new V8 engine option and its eight-speed automatic transmission. The extra gearing and powerful engine output combine well when pulling a load. Fuel efficiency is also better than expected despite the large displacement of that engine.
What We Loved About the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500
- High value for the segment.
- Excellent trim level options with comfort reigning supreme in all.
- Good workhorse configurations.
What We Didn’t Love About the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500
- Base levels are pricier than the competition.
- Exterior look may be polarizing to some.
- Mid-level V8 seems arbitrary.
To read the full review, visit 2015 GMC Sierra 1500