The midsize sedan class is one of toughest marketplaces to compete in as automakers constantly improve or introduce new models to try and beat the class leaders. Chevrolet made a number of mistakes with this model such as having one of smallest back seats in class, only selling a mild-hybrid version for the first few months after its launch, and not being a good value compared to other models.
Sales of the last-generation model dropped precipitously and Chevrolet knew that next-generation model had to be put on the fast track. Last year at the New York Auto Show, Chevrolet introduced the 2016 Malibu. This new model hopes to right the wrongs of the previous Malibu and get Chevrolet back in contention.
What We Love About the 2016
- Turbo 4- and 8-speed automatic make this car fly
- Suspension strikes a nice balance between sport and comfort
- Exterior design gives model an identity
What We Don’t Love About the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu
- Questionable material choices for the interior
- Road noise could be better isolated
- No options available on the 2LT trim
Learn more about the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu and read the full review HERE.