(Overview) (Final Score after 8 Categories: A)
The Tina Turner song “The Best” could quite easily be the theme song for the 2016which, with its ever expanding lineup of models and bodystyles, managed to swoop into one of the most fiercely competitive market segment and stood clearly head and shoulders above them all. It’s really that simple. We tested a Touring sedan with the all new 1.5 liter turbocharged 174-horsepower engine and it felt underpriced at $26,000 and change. And that’s for the loaded model.
The 2016 Honda Civic is well priced too with base models starting just over $18,000 nicely equipped and featuring a 2.0-liter non-turbo 4-cylinder offering 158 horsepower/138 lb. feet of torque with a six-speed manual available only on base LX sedans. Still, we can think of few better ways to part with $18,000. And did we mention how stylish this new Civic is? Bold, dynamic and stylish are the words that came to mind when gazing upon our new Civic tester. Read on to see if you agree.
What we Loved about the 2016 Honda Civic
- The 1.5-liter turbo motor makes all of the power you want and all the right Honda noises
- The styling inside and out is daring, unique and from a class of cars above
- The safety suite on offer here is unparalleled in this price class
What we Didn’t Love about the 2016 Honda Civic
- Okay, we would love to not have to shell out $26,000 for a better audio system
- Wider manual transmission availability would be nice
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto only on EX models and above
For the full review, visit 2016 Honda Civic.