Overview (Final Score: A-)
The 2017is a good-looking compact crossover-SUV that competes in an arena with some of the best offerings automakers can present. The fast-growing compact segment is a focal point for many manufacturers and Ford has managed to bring its A-game with the little Escape.
The Escape offers a fun demeanor, great exterior look and a choice of three engine options. It’s roomy inside, drives well, and has exterior color choices that border on ridiculous in their brightness. The Escape manages to be both contemporary and edgy. We feel it should be on most buyers’ shopping lists in this segment.
What We Love About the 2017 Ford Escape:
- Excellent exterior look that offers something for everyone
- Great road dynamics and around-town maneuverability
- Excellent interior room that balances passenger space with cargo utility
What We Don’t Love About the 2017 Ford Escape:
- Clunky controls layout, especially for the climate and base infotainment
- Highway presence not as solid as the engine outputs might suggest
- Out of place interior trim pieces that can give an air of low quality
You can learn more about the 2017 Escape now in the FULL REVIEW HERE.