Overview (Final Score: A)
For 2017, thesees some good improvements to its exterior look and its core functionality. A more aggressive exterior marks this new model year, meeting the expectations of those looking for a more SUV-like crossover.
On the inside not much changes in the already-great Pathfinder, but an upgrade to the infotainment is a boon and improved underpinnings are a real upside. An improved engine and transmission translates to more towing and better fuel economy.
Chief competitors for the Pathfinder are the high-sellingand . Both are top choices that likely won’t be displaced by the very compelling Pathfinder this year. Compared to the larger , the Pathfinder definitely has high points. Fuel economy and a smoother ride are chief among them. The offers a fun drive dynamic and a gorgeous interior by comparison. So buyers in this segment will want to comparison shop before making a decision.
In a field of very competitive large, 7-passenger crossovers, the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder is definitely one to keep on your shopping list.
What We Love About the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder:
- More compelling exterior look
- Smart ergonomics mark the interior experience
- Excellent towing and off-roading for a crossover
What We Don’t Love About the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder:
- Some interior tech is barely on par, especially plug availability
- Rear seat entertainment only available in top-tier package
- High towing capacity not equaled by downhill transmission control
You can learn more about the 2017 Pathfinder and check out prices now, in the FULL REVIEW HERE.