Overview (Final Score: C+)
The, and are seen as the Patient Zeros of what is now the highly competitive compact crossover class. These three models are constantly at the top of sales charts for their respective automakers and are likely the first choice for many consumers.
Recently, Toyota has introduced a refreshed version of RAV4 and Honda announced an updated CR-V. To combat both of these, Subaru has revitalized the Forester for 2017 with numerous changes inside and out to keep it ahead. Do they make a difference?
The 2017 Forester has a lot good points. It’s one of the most spacious crossovers in the class for passengers and cargo. The turbo engine helps the Forester fly away from the pack. Plus, Subaru has been addressing some of the weak points of the Forester – the infotainment system and noise isolation.
What We Love About the 2017 Subaru Forester:
- Turbo engine moves the Forester with some authority
- Passengers and cargo will feel quite comfortable
- EyeSight is towards the top of the class in terms of active safety
What We Don’t Love About the 2017 Subaru Forester:
- Exterior design is bland when compared with competitors
- Just because it has a turbo engine doesn’t mean it is sporty
- Can become very pricey with the turbo engine
You can learn a lot more about the 2017 Forester now in the FULL REVIEW HERE.