Overview (Final Score: B+)
The 2018carries on with design changes made a couple of years ago and holds the same appeal it has since its inception as a luxury three-row crossover. It’s still stylish, easy on fuel usage, drives well and holds its entry-level luxury value.
(*Go straight to the FULL REVIEW.)
For 2018, Acura added an updated infotainment system and more standard features to improve the MDX’s value quotient among newer rivals entering the market. Add in the already well-done interior design and the fuel-sipping Sport Hybrid option, and the MDX remains a fast seller for a reason.
The 2018 Acura MDX is a three-row luxury sport utility that seats up to seven. It comes in three trim levels, starting with Standard and moving through Technology and Advance. The Sport Hybrid model can be had in either the Technology or Advance packages.
What We Love About the 2018 Acura MDX:
- Great fuel economy for the class, especially in the hybrid
- Solid drive dynamics in road comfort and handling
- Updated infotainment improves greatly on the older, outdated system
What We Don’t Love About the 2018 Acura MDX:
- Transmission is clunky in the standard gasoline model
- Sport Hybrid loses a lot of the standard gas engine’s powerful drive
- Cargo capacity is good, but not as good as most rivals
You can learn more about the 2018 x in the FULL REVIEW here.