Overview (Final Score: A-)
Fully redesigned for the 2018 model year, theis now utilizing the latest Audi chassis, debuted with the A4 sedan. This adds some length and width, though only in millimeters, and a better ride dynamic. Engines also see some upgrades as does the drivetrain and the Q5’s technology offerings.
In short, the 2018 Audi Q5 is now much more comfortable, well-mannered on the road, and technologically advanced than the outgoing model. Given that the previous Q5 was a long-lived best-seller for the company, that’s saying all good things.
The 2018 Q5 is a luxury crossover-SUV in the small-midsize segment. It seats up to five and comes standard with several advanced safety features and all-wheel drive.
What We Love About the 2018 Audi Q5:
- Beautifully done turbo-four and dual-clutch transmission combination
- Great use of interior space with lots of roominess
- Excellent price point for the inclusions and amenities
What We Don’t Love About the 2018 Audi Q5:
- Fuel economy is only about average
- V6 engine upgrade probably not worth it to most
- Spirited driving can lead to annoying safety systems intervention
Get more expert advice now in the 2018 Audi Q5’s FULL REVIEW with tips on its exterior, technology, safety, reliability, pricing and more.