Overview (Final Score: A-)
Theis all-new for 2018, having received a ground-up redesign to bring it into a new generation. The Terrain has improved in almost every way, despite being smaller and lighter in weight than its predecessor. The main improvements are to driveability, comfort and efficiency, without loss in passenger or cargo room.
(Go straight to the FULL REVIEW.)
The 2018 Terrain sits in a place with few rivals, where shoppers will be required to look differently. Base model versus base model, the Terrain will look expensive compared to some lower-end rivals. But in equipment-to-equipment comparisons, it will often come out ahead in terms of what’s included for the price. Its nearest competitor is either a more expensive top-end model from another manufacturer or a more luxurious option from its sister company Buick.
For those reasons, the GMC Terrain should be on more shopping lists than it likely is.
What We Love About the 2018 GMC Terrain:
- Excellent amount of technology and upscale refinement for the price
- Good engine choices that suit the Terrain well
- Lots of curb appeal and versatility
What We Don’t Love About the 2018 GMC Terrain:
- Console shifting takes some getting used to
- Cargo space not quite as good as some rivals
- Diesel engine option is spendy
Now you can learn more about the 2018 GMC Terrain in the FULL REVIEW HERE.