Overview (Final Score: A-)
The 2019carries on with the ground-up redesign for a new-generation of the crossover that was introduced last year. Almost everything about the Terrain was improved, especially in driveability and comfort. Efficiency is also improved thanks to some lightweighting and downsizing, but not at the expense of passenger space or cargo room.
The 2019 Terrain has few rivals, as is the case with many GMC models, sitting somewhere in the premium-but-not-quite-luxury segment also occupied by sister company Buick. Compared to the lower-end model trims offered by rivals, the GMC Terrain will appear expensive, but when apples-to-apples comparisons are made between those rivals’ upper trims and the Terrain, the point of the GMC brand will make sense.
The 2019 GMC Terrain deserves to be on more people’s shopping lists for its excellence and higher value orientation than many might assume. The 2019 Terrain has three engine choices, four trim levels, and seating for up to five.
- Technology and upscale refinement are tops in the Terrain
- Engine choice suit the Terrain well and offer options for many needs
- Curb appeal and versatility are also high points for the Terrain
What We Don’t Love About the 2019 GMC Terrain:
- Console shifting is a bit odd at first
- Cargo space still under par for the segment
- Fuel-efficient diesel option is spendy to get
Get more expert advice now in the 2019 GMC Terrain’s FULL REVIEW with tips on its exterior, technology, safety, reliability, pricing and more.