Overview (Final Score: B)
The Nissan Titan XD is unique in the pickup truck segments because it fits between the standard half-ton and larger three-quarter ton trucks. It’s a heavy-duty half-ton truck with more towing and power than most standard half-ton pickups, but less capability and a lower price than its medium-duty peers.
The 2018 Nissan Titan XD comes in a variety of cab configurations with multiple bed lengths, and varied trim packages to meet the needs of commercial and consumer buyers. Both gasoline and diesel engine options are available. It seats up to six, depending on the configuration, with towing capacities ranging up to well over 12,000 pounds. Both rear-wheel and four-wheel drive are available.
Although it’s a solid truck with the best warranty in the segment, the 2018 Titan XD has its quirks. New pickup designs entering the market are equal or nearly equal to the Titan XD’s capabilities, perhaps making the XD outdated.
What We Love About the 2018 Nissan Titan XD:
- Big, powerful exterior design lets everyone know it’s a Titan
- Smooth highway ride despite its over-the-top capability
- Strong capability with plenty of available gadgets to make operation even easier
What We Don’t Love About the 2018 Nissan Titan XD:
- Interior not as robust or ergonomic for work compared to other brands
- Competitors are becoming just as capable at a lower cost
- Fuel economy can be iffy and has no base metric
Now you can learn more about the 2018 Nissan Titan XD in the FULL REVIEW HERE.