Overview (Final Score: B+)
The 2018 model year brings the Subaru XV Crosstrek into a second generation. It’s focus has always been on value, nimble handling and a rugged design – and that hasn’t changed for the new Crosstrek. The five-seat wagon-style Crosstrek is subcompact without being tiny and has room to bring along friends when exploring the world in one of its three trim levels.
The 2018 Subaru Crosstrek has an improved interior with a much more updated feel. A smoother suspension and chassis also help clean up the ride quality and interior noise levels, which are beefs we’ve had with the Crosstrek in the past.
Staying in place are Subaru’s legendary “get-there” capability, reliability and standard all-wheel drive. The 2018 Crosstrek sees several changes, including an improved engine. It’s one of our top-ranked compact crossovers and is fast on its way to becoming a segment best seller.
What We Love About the 2018 Subaru XV Crosstrek:
- Great interior design and noise level reductions
- Good fuel economy for the segment, especially with AWD
- Smart new look keeps Subaru’s legendary capability intact
What We Don’t Love About the 2018 Subaru XV Crosstrek:
- Sluggish on the get-go and in performance situations
- Not enough USB ports in the base infotainment setup
- Unknown reliability, though the brand is ranked high
Now you can learn more about the 2018 Subaru Crosstrek in the FULL REVIEW HERE.