Overview (Final Score: B)
Theis a popular small crossover that offers Jeep capability with on-road comfort and everyday usability. For 2019, the Cherokee sees a full revamp that includes a new exterior look, a third engine option and more interior ergonomics.
The 2019 Jeep Cherokee is the second Jeep crossover to receive a new look, following the redone Compass. The Cherokee’s new look now falls in line between the smaller Compass and the larger Grand Cherokee.
A small crossover-SUV with seating for five, the 2019 Cherokee comes in five trim levels with either front-wheel or all-wheel drive in most. Three engine choices are all mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission.
What We Love About the 2019 Jeep Cherokee:
- Great new exterior look that fits the Jeep lineup well
- Excellent interior space and comfort
- New turbocharged engine is a wonderful addition
- Reliability is an unknown factor for this new model
- Base four-cylinder is weak and barely adequate for the vehicle
- Safety is an unknown, though somewhat predictable
Get more expert advice now in the 2019 Jeep Cherokee’s FULL REVIEW with tips on its exterior, technology, safety, reliability, pricing and more.