Overview (Final Score: A)
The 2019continues with the current-generation of the midsize crossover-SUV, building on the winning three-row design Kia introduced a few years ago. Refreshed for this new model year, the Sorento makes some changes to powertrain options and making the third row a standard feature.
The 2019 Sorento is a well-considered, well-priced option for the family needing three rows of seating on occasion and the versatility and usefulness that a family crossover provides. Options for the Sorento range from utilitarian to luxurious, hitting every budget with a Sorento to fit.
The 2019 Kia Sorento is upgraded with some exterior styling changes, a new transmission for the V6 engine option, and with more standard equipment than before. The Sorento is now offered in five trim levels with two engine options and either front-wheel or all-wheel drive. Seating for up to seven is standard in all 2019 Sorento models.
What We Love About the 2019 Kia Sorento:
- Great feature content and value proposition
- Quiet interior with a good ride quality
- One of the best warranties in the business
What We Don’t Love About the 2019 Kia Sorento:
- Cargo space is a bit smaller than par for the segment
- Acceleration and confidence are a bit lacking, even after the engine upgrade
- Terribly-matched base engine offering