Overview (Final Score: A)
When it comes to the F-150, Ford doesn’t sit around waiting for the competition to catch up. There is a reason that this is the best-selling pickup truck and one of the best-selling cars in the United States. For 2016, Ford has added an updated infotainment system, the Pro Trailer Backup Assist feature and a new top-level Limited trim.
We spent a week in the Limited trim and found that it’s verging well into the territory of luxury automobiles, normally reserved for brands with European accents. Driving other models shows that the diversity of powertrain and trim/package options means that there’s likely a 2016 F-150 for just about everyone.
There’s a lot of consider with the 2016and a lot of compelling reasons to think of it as a top choice. There are some downsides as well, and the competition in the lucrative full-sized pickup truck market is fierce.
What We Love About the 2016 Ford F-150:
- Great exterior look with a less “in your face” appeal than others
- Excellent list of engine and comfort options to fit any need
- Solid fuel economy and performance across the lineup
What We Don’t Love About the 2016 Ford F-150:
- Riding empty can be stiff, especially in 4WD models
- Fuel economy estimates not always realistic in real-world truck use
- Reliability expectation is a tough call given persistent rumors
You can learn more about the 2016 Ford F-150 now in the FULL REVIEW HERE.