Overview (Final Score: A-)
When the Subaru WRX (World Rallycross) was introduced about a decade ago, it was an almost instant success. It combined the everyday practicality of a compact family car (the Impreza) with a performance-focus built for rally. The combination of daily use ergonomics and Subaru’s legendary all-wheel drive performance was immediately appealing.
A new generation of the WRX was introduced last year and has been refined for the 2016 model year. The new 2016 Subaru WRX retains the stiff chassis and suspension of the previous generation, but adds a little more bang for the buck with a modern infotainment upgrade.
What We Loved About the 2016 Subaru WRX
- Fun driving and rally focus.
- Excellent manual transmission, clutch, and shift throw.
- A great sports car that retains daily use characteristics for practicality.
What We Didn’t Love About the 2016 Subaru WRX
- Spartan interior in comparison to others at a similar price point.
- Rough suspension in everyday driving.
- Versatile hatchback option no longer available.
For the full review, visit 2016 Subaru WRX.