Overview (Letter Grade after 8 Categories: B+)
For our one-week full in-depth test we sampled a 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab 4×4 with the new 3.0 liter V6 EcoDiesel which puts out 240 horsepower/420 lb. feet of torque with a tow rating of 9,200 lbs. all while being EPA rated 21 city/29 highway. We surpassed 32 miles per gallon in our Ram EcoDiesel on a long highway trek down to San Diego and back which for a truck this size is amazing. Our overall average was 27.8 miles per gallon due to our endless enjoyment of this motors effortlessly smooth power.
What we loved about the 2016 Ram 1500
- The new 3.0 liter EcoDiesel is powerful, quiet and frugal
- The multitude of well thought out trim levels
- The RamBoxes should be a must for anyone using this truck for any family duty
What we didn’t love about the 2016 Ram
- The grey cloth seats of our $40,000 plus Tradesman model cheapened the interior
- That people don’t care for the Rebel model’s grille. It looks great.
For the full review, visit 2016 Ram 1500.