If you live in Georgia and are in the market to get auto coverage, you’ll want to check out the following information on how to find the top car insurance companies for Georgia. Remember that what constitutes the top insurer may mean the company that writes the most policies, has the fewest complaints, has the strongest financial ratings, and the most satisfied customers overall. It’s also likely to include a combination of all of these. Here are some resources to help you find the top car insurance companies for Georgia.
The best place to start is with the Georgia Department of Insurance. Consumers can go to the auto site and do a company search to find out information about auto insurance companies doing business in the state. For example, Allstate Insurance Group is listed as active, with a home office in Northbrook, Illinois, and a link to its A.M. Best Company financial rating of A+ (Superior). Amica Mutual Insurance Company, active, has home offices in Lincoln, Rhode Island, and an A.M. Best rating of A++ (Superior). Geico, with three listings, all with home offices in Washington, D.C., has an A.M. Best Company rating of A++ (Superior).
J.D. Power and Associates – Since satisfied customers are another measure of the top auto insurers, you’ll also want to know which top car insurance companies for Georgia had the highest overall customer satisfaction. The annual J.D. Power and Associates 2010 U.S. National Auto Insurance Study provides a good look at the best-rated car insurers across five factors: interaction, policy offerings, billing and payment, price, and claims. Checking their list, the top car insurance companies for Georgia (doing business in the state, although they may be headquartered elsewhere) are Amica Mutual, State Farm, and Geico. Amica Mutual is the JDPA award winner, and State Farm and Geico each have a four-circle JDPA rating.
Check Ratings Agencies
To determine the financial ratings of auto insurance companies doing business in the state of Georgia (although they may be headquartered elsewhere), check with ratings agencies. There are several to choose from:
- A.M. Best — Provides free ratings for up to three companies per call at (908) 439-2200 ext. 5742. Unlimited ratings can be accessed via their web address at http://www3.ambest.com/ratings/default.asp.
- Fitch — Provides free financial strength ratings for up to five companies per call at (800) 893-4824. Ratings are also available via their website at http://www.fitchratings.com.
- Moody’s — Provides free ratings for up to five companies per call at (212) 553-0377. Unlimited ratings can be accessed via their web address at http://www.moodys.com.
- Standard & Poor’s — Provides free ratings for up to five companies per call at (212) 438-2400. Requests can also be sent by email to: email@example.com.
- TheStreet.com Ratings — Provides all of their ratings for free on their website at http://www.theStreet.com. Reach them at (800) 289-9222.