Looking for the top car insurance companies for Virginia? You’ve come to the right spot. While there are many different companies offering auto insurance in the state of Virginia, there are some that are ranked higher than others. How do you figure out which ones are the top insurers? We’ll use several different sources to help you determine the top car insurance companies for Virginia.
J.D. Power and Associates – Consumers may also want to know which top car insurance companies for Virginia had the highest overall customer satisfaction. The annual J.D. Power and Associates 2010 U.S. National Auto Insurance Study provides a good look at the best-rated car insurers nationally across five factors: interaction, policy offerings, billing and payment, price, and claims. Checking their list, the top car insurance companies for Virginia (doing business in the state, although they may be headquartered elsewhere) are Amica Mutual, State Farm, and Geico. Amica Mutual is the JDPA award winner with a five-circle JDPA rating across the board. State Farm and Geico each have a four-circle JDPA rating. Progressive and Allstate each have a three-circle JDPA rating.
Check with Ratings Agencies – The top car insurance companies for Virginia, just like the top insurers in other states, will have strong financial ratings. One way to determine an auto insurance company’s financial strength is to check with ratings agencies with more detailed information about its ratings. Here are several ratings agencies to check:
- A.M. Best — Provides free ratings for up to three companies per call at (908) 439-2200 ext. 5742. Unlimited ratings can be accessed via their web address at http://www3.ambest.com/ratings/default.asp. Here are A.M. Best Company financial ratings for several top car insurance companies for Virginia:
- Allstate Insurance Group – A+ (Superior)
- Amica Mutual – A++ (Superior)
- Geico – A++ (Superior)
- Progressive Insurance Group – A+ (Superior)
- State Farm – A++ (Superior)
- Fitch — Provides free financial strength ratings for up to five companies per call at (800) 893-4824. Ratings are also available via their website at http://www.fitchratings.com.
- Moody’s — Provides free ratings for up to five companies per call at (212) 553-0377. Unlimited ratings can be accessed via their web address at http://www.moodys.com.
- Standard & Poor’s — Provides free ratings for up to five companies per call at (212) 438-2400. Requests can also be sent by email to: email@example.com.
- TheStreet.com Ratings — Provides all of their ratings for free on their website at http://www.theStreet.com. Reach them at (800) 289-9222.
For more tips on car insurance, visit our section on car insurance where you can get additional tips and insurance quotes.