In a reversal this month, Japanese and Korean nameplates take three of the top five top selling sedans July 2011. In the full top 10, there are two each from Chevrolet, Toyota, and Honda, and one each from Ford, Nissan, Hyundai and Volkswagen.
During the month of July, the Camry racked up 27,016 sales, good enough to ratchet the sedan into the number one spot of the top selling sedans July 2011. Through the end of July, however, calendar year sales of 174,485 are off 7.8 percent from the same period last year.
2. 2011– Moving down one place into the number two spot for July, the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze, a compact that boasts the interior roominess of a midsize, sold a total of 24,648 units during the month. Year-to-date sales amount to 137,620 units. Chevy says that this is the fourth consecutive month that the Cruze has sold more than 20,000 units. In addition, the fuel-efficient Cruze ECO accounted for 19 percent of sales in July.
for the month of July with sales of 21,340 units. The Altima still leads theand Chevrolet Cruze in year-to-date sales, though, racking up 153,182 sales through July, up 17.5 percent over the same period in 2010.
4. 2011– Sales of 20,884 during the month of July were enough to catapult the 2011 Hyundai Sonata, a midsize sedan from the Korean automaker, up three spots to secure fourth place this month. Through the end of July, the Sonata has sold 136,898 units.
5. 2011– The five-passenger midsize 2011 Chevrolet Malibu slips three places from number two in June to fifth top selling sedans July 2011. During July, the Chevy Malibu sold 19,529 units, while year-to-date sales are 142,312. This is up 10.5 percent from year-ago levels.
6. 2011 Ford Fusion – The midsize Ford Fusion sedan moves from fourth place in June to number six in July, resulting from sales of 19,318 units during the month. For the year through July, however, the Fusion has sold a total of 151,004 units, up 17 percent year-over-year.
month. Sales during July of 18,308 are a little over 1,000 more than the previous month while calendar-year-to-date sales of 155,454 are off 16.6 percent over the same period last year.
8. 2011– July sales of the 2011 Toyota Corolla of 17,577 caused the compact Corolla to fall two spots from its sixth-place perch in June. Through July, the Corolla sales have totaled 154,324, down 8.1 percent from year-ago levels.
9. 2012– As for the redesigned compact 2012 Honda Civic, sales during July of 14,006 are off 3,000 from June levels, enough to move the Civic into ninth place of top selling sedans July 2011. For the year to-date through July, the Civic has sold 141,577 units, down 9.7 over the same period in 2010. As inventories build up, however, look for the Civic to climb in sales in coming months.
10. 2011– July sales of 13,383 were sufficient to land the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta in the top 10 list of best-selling sedans this month. For the year though July, the Jetta sedan has sold 89,881 units, up 71.8 percent year-over-year.